Client: Eupora First Baptist Church Deacon Board
Date Completed: 2013
The sanctuary had been renovated in 1983, which included removal of many of the character giving elements and essentially had not been modified since that time. This project addressed not only sanctuary upgrades but the overall heating and air infrastructure of the church, exterior moisture related repairs, lighting, energy efficiency and other aesthetic and audio/visual upgrades.
• Exterior cast stone and brick masonry were cleaned and waterproofed as well as addressing roofing issues.
• New heating and air plan was designed to future proof the upcoming obsolescence of equipment and incorporate energy efficiency.
• Carpeting was removed from the floors and the original oak floors were restored, then a custom runner carpet was designed for the aisles.
• Pulpit area was redesigned to meet choir and accompanists needs and to support a cohesive worship service.
• New Wood detailing was designed to match the existing building character for new wainscot, baptistry paneling and door surrounds.