The Historic Wilson Banking Company Building located in the Cotton Row Historic District in Greenwood, MS was purchased to be utilized as a Bank again. This project was championed by the Owner’s desire to expose the original character of this 1913 Beaux Arts Building and restore the exterior and interior, while sensitively inserting the modernized retail branding for the Guaranty Bank & Trust Company, while implementing ADA and energy retrofits.
The Masonry façade was restored along with the metal cornice, column capitals and bases, cartouches, and aedicule corner entrance. The large windows and stained glass transoms were repaired in place and new exterior storm windows installed. The non-original concrete night drop was removed and a new sash installed and a new ADA entrance ramp was built to access a night drop and ATM lobby. The original mosaic tile floor, plaster beamed ceilings and glazed brick vault were exposed and re-imagined for the bank spaces. New glass offices were inserted in the volume as to not touch the original walls and ceiling. New duct work was installed within a modified beam detail to extend HVAC to the new office insert. Plaster walls and ceilings were restored along with full interior finish upgrades.
Client: Guaranty Bank & Trust
Date Completed: September 2019