Hill Hall was constructed in 1929 as a Dormitory. The three story building is approximately 9,672 square feet with approximately 3,224 square feet on each floor. There is a small basement in north east corner housing the boiler. Access to the basement is through a hatch at the northeast exterior side of the building. Hill Hall was originally constructed of a reinforced concrete frame system with two rows of interior columns, a concrete floor system and exterior walls of double wythe brick masonry exterior. Interior walls are clay block with lath and plaster finish. The roof is wood construction with clay tile shingles. Cast stone details are present at the two west entry points and upper corresponding windows as well as cornice details. The original interior finishes are concrete flooring and plaster/wall/ceiling finish. The original interior doors are wood with metal trim and the original windows are single pane wood double hung with metal sills. The building has undergone partial renovations on the first floor. Those include removing selected demising dorm room walls to make large classrooms, filling in cross hall ends for classroom use, adding a break room with storefront glass in hallway, lay-in acoustical tile ceiling in some areas on the first floor, carpet flooring, and restroom upgrades on the first floor. Second and third floor remain original although the main hall has been opened from original layout. Approximately two years ago an elevator lobby was added to the west adjacent Longstreet Hall to allow a connector for the Hill Hall renovation. This will allow ADA access to Hill hall.
Client: University of Mississippi