Jail (Village Hall) Rehabilitation

  • Jail (Village Hall) Rehabilitation
  • Jail (Village Hall) Rehabilitation – Courthouse
  • Jail (Village Hall) Rehabilitation – Plan Drawings
  • Jail (Village Hall) Rehabilitation
  • Jail (Village Hall) Rehabilitation
  • Jail (Village Hall) Rehabilitation

Jail (Village Hall) Rehabilitation

The Webster County Jail was constructed in 1892. It served as the County jail until 1960’s, when a new jail building was constructed in nearby Eupora. The jail structure served as a Webster County Museum from 1976 through the early 1990’s. The building then fell into disuse and had suffered from a partial collapse. The Village of Walthall acquired the structure from the County and sought funding to restore the building to be used as the Village Hall. Belinda Stewart Architects provided grant writing, inspection & architectural services for the restoration as pro-bono services.

The work completed as a part of this project included a full restoration of the exterior of the jail building, rehabilitation of the interior, and modification of the layout to be used as the Village Hall for Walthall, Mississippi.

Project Location: Village of Walthall, Mississippi
Client: Village of Walthall
Date Completed: 2006
Pontotoc County Chancery BuildingsPontotoc County Chancery Buildings - ExteriorBilly B. Investment Properties - Brassfield House AfterBilly B. Investment Properties

HOW TO GET IN TOUCH

CONTACT US


Address:

61 N. Dunn Street
P.O. Box 867
Eupora, MS 39744

Phone:

662.258.6405
662.258.6452 FAX

BSA PLAN ROOM

CONNECT WITH BSA

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages