Matty Hersee School of Nursing closed its doors in 1989 after 60+ years of operation in the same location, with the earliest recorded graduate in June 8, 1913. The original charity hospital was built and maintained under Matty Hersee Wright starting in 1892, while the current building was built in 1923 and organized as one of a group of state-owned charity hospitals. The current owners of the building, Meridian Community College, want to turn this once charity hospital turned school into a state of the art teaching tool for many fields of nursing and allied health students.
The approximately 50,000 sqft building has a wood post and beam structure with 3.5” thick wood tongue and groove decking and solid masonry walls. This historic building is significant to the City of Meridian and the nursing community and we are all excited to see it restored to its original beauty.
Client: Meridian Community College
Date Completed: Ongoing