The Webster County Courthouse, constructed in 1913, is the centerpiece of the tiny Village of Walthall. BSA has assisted in various phases of restoration and rehabilitation as funds have been available. The earliest phases focused on the restoration of the awnings, porches and overhangs of the building. Subsequent phases have focused on handicapped accessibility, courtroom restoration, and various finish and spatial upgrades.
Services included an exterior moisture analysis and architectural services to mitigate the issues, an accessibility analysis followed by architectural services to improve the accessibility of the building and the court area. The working area of the courtroom was also renovated to improve the security, function, accessibility, and finishes.
Client: Webster County Board of Supervisors
Date Completed: Various Phases between 1993 and 2012